I bought my husband this shirt today on Etsy. Possibly my greatest find ever. I know many people won’t get it when he wears it, but when someone does, it’ll totally be worth it.
It’s Wednesday. I’ve got my Adidas Olympic hoodie on and there’s a poster about hand hygiene. Some other things:
• I got my designation yesterday! I’m officially a CET - certified engineering technologist. Yay!
• I have 15 days left before I consume pizza for the first time since October 6th.
• It is snowing outside (again). No more please.
• This is totally a silly complaint, but I have no concept of how to dress my body at 150lbs. My proportions have changed so my go to brands from before no longer fit the same (even in a smaller size). I’ve been shopping twice and have left empty handed both times. I think the real solution is to just have a job that lets me wear running gear.
• I need a haircut. I haven’t cut my hair since April because I’m trying to grow it out. It’s in a really awful grow out stage currently so it’s permanently in a ponytail. I think I need bangs again.
• I bought most of my secret Santa gift - can’t wait to send it out!!
Exciting life, right?
No shame for this lady. Day two complete. 5K in 32:31, -3C/27F. Look at my fantastic new Nike tights! Patterns FTW. And best of all, they stayed in place! Seriously, am I the only person whose tights are always slipping? I feel like I need suspenders with most pairs!
Also, Russell photo just because. He secretly wishes he was the mascot of Run or Shame like Mosh.
10K complete. I’m late to the game, but I think I’m going to try out the streak. Feel free to shame me for not running the first two days, but I wasn’t sure I could/should/would. Better late than never, no?
Anyways, today’s run was great - except for the first two miles which were hilly trail miles. A springer spaniel kept chasing me during mile 2 and jumping at me, so I ended up walking more than anticipated (and mile 2 was uphill so dogs + hills = slow mile). It was a lovely temperature unlike what they are predicting for my Santa Shuffle next weekend -29F/-34C. You better fix that up, weatherman.
In exciting news, I finally broke down and bought some new workout gear. My shorts were falling down (and they don’t have a drawstring) and I had resorted to wearing my spi belt all the time at the gym. A brand new Sport Chek (think Canadian version of Dick’s) opened near my work and everything in store was 25% off. I scored a new Under Armour tank top, Nike shorts, and an Adidas hoodie. I also popped into the Running Room and got another pair of Nike shorts and a pair of wind blocking winter running tights. When I was at the gym, the trainer gave me an awesome Mo Power moustache shirt - so great! And I can wear it to work. So now I have like two things I can wear to work. I should’ve probably bought work clothes…
Only 20 days left in the program! Then a photo shoot and more importantly, PIZZA.
I wish winter was as magical as this picture. Beautiful sunsets with a white blanket of snow. I took this photo last week. Today’s photo would have been snowflakes coupled with road rage face. It was seriously icy and snowy and none of the snow clearing equipment on the road was actually clearing snow. It was an hour commute home from the gym (usually 25 minutes).
But despite all the bad that came with today, there was good. I signed up for a half marathon in February. I ate well. I killed it at the gym. So, Wednesday, you’re okay.
Sometimes, when paleo seems hard, I fantasize about all of the above. Cupcakes, pizza, Swedish berries, cinnamon buns, all of it. Doesn’t it look amazing? I could eat it all. I’ll go have some almonds instead. I’m down 24.4 pounds now. 24 days left in the program. I’m getting by.